Thursday, January 29, 2009

No Heatbeat

I saw this on my Support Group and wanted to share it.

No Heartbeat
Nothing else need be said
We cannot find the heartbeat
I am afraid your son is dead

Two words that changed our lives forever
Nothing will be the same
Two words that brought us closer together
We hope we don't go insane

Our child has died before his birth
People have nothing to say
To us it does not matter
We love him anyway

Now we go on with our lives
Strangers ask me everyday
How many children do you have
I don't quite know what to say

I tell them I have a son
Who died before he was born
He was truly an inspiration
Now we can only mourn

Don't be so sad they say
You are still so very young
It was meant to be, they say
You can always have another one

How stupid you are in your world
No understanding for my pain
My child was alive and we loved him
Nothing will ever be the same

Now we know we aren't alone
Two words have affected so many
We all love our children
Even when our arms are empty

We cannot find the heartbeat
We cannot find the rhythm
Our child has died and left us
We will hold him again in heaven

-Roger Deane, SHARE Atlanta In memory of Russell Joseph Deane Stillborn April 7, 1992

No comments: